On the behalf of Spyder's development team, I'm pleased to announce that Spyder 2.3.2 has been released and is available for Windows XP/Vista/7/8, GNU/Linux and MacOS X: https://bitbucket.org/spyder-ide/spyderlib/downloads
This release represents more than 2 months of development since 2.3.1 and introduces major enhancements and new features:
- Improve cells visualization
- Add support for drag selection and improve look of line number area
- Open on it any text file present in the Variable Explorer
- View and edit IPython notebooks as Json files
- Syntax highlighting for Json and Yaml files
- Variable Explorer:
- Import csv files as Pandas DataFrames
- Improve browsing speed for NumPy arrays and DataFrames with more than 1e5 elements
- IPython Console
- Add a stop button to easily stop computations
We fixed almost 40 bugs, merged 13 pull requests from 8 authors and added about 150 commits between these two releases.
This is a very important bugfix release which solves a lot of unicode problems in our consoles, the variable explorer and the main interface, so everyone is encouraged to update.
For a full list of fixes see our changelog